The Lock Down Series (Part 1)




As Bisi called Tunde for the fourth time in a row, I wondered what had happened to them. She was always the one chased. She never gave him the impression that she was interested in him, not even when he called I, Titi and Adeola to beg her on his behalf three years ago. We had watched their love story blossom into a tale of two. They were now inseparable, yet Bisi had held the upper hand in their relationship, only speaking with him when she felt like and ensuring all their outings were in her preferred location. Sometimes I wondered if it wasn’t a bit too much. But then, it was none of my business. I really did not want to give the impression that I was interested in Tunde, seeing him still makes my belly churn.

When Bisi called the seventh time, I thought she was at her limit. We had planned to see the newly released Money Heist everyone was talking about. We were in Adeola’s apartment in Lekki, the Lockdown had been in effect for 4 days now. I was already itching to leave.

We were best friends since I was 12 and we had remained best friends ever since, but I had never actually stayed with any of them.
I had assumed that staying with them would be the same with hanging out with them. I was wrong. I found out after the first night, that Adeola and Titi snored so loud, that others could barely sleep. Finding out that Bisi sometimes forgot to Flush the toilet was even more shocking.

Bisi yet dialed his number again, she looked worried. I tried not to ask her what the problem was. Ever since she caught me making out with Tunde in his apartment, we never discussed Tunde anymore. She had made it clear that she was disappointed in me. I was hurt; Tunde had actually made the move. Their relationship has since become none of my business.

Yesterday Adeola had refused to cook when it was her turn. She had claimed that she was having a cold. I was very unhappy with her. It was very unfair to use possible COVID – 19 infection to avoid work. We had since then stayed away from her. Earlier this morning, she had come into the bathroom while Titi was brushing her teeth and Titi had screamed for 20 seconds. Her lie wasn’t going well.

Bisi tried his number one last time. She had tears in her eyes. I could not bear it, so I reached out and hugged her. She wept in silence. I realized that I had been foolish not to have enquired what the problem was. She was my friend first before Tunde’s Girlfriend. Even if they broke up, she would still have me. I was her family. 

Later that evening, we sat in silence on Adeola’s bed and wondered what type of Monster dumps his girlfriend over a pregnancy they had both agreed to keep.

Comments

  1. This is soooo interesting....why does it have to be short??? *sniffs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pueceπŸ‘ŒπŸΎπŸ‘ŒπŸΎ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niece piece, easy to see through the eyes of the narrator

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm stayed on this one... A wonderful piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do I know when the next episode is released? Fun read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie, thank you so much for reading our series.

      We will be posting the next one by weekend. Stay tuned.

      Please subscribe to stay updated.

      Delete
  6. Interesting piece, can't wait to see the next episode 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch.... 😭😭😭. Can't wait to know what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good read! The boy was obviously in lust not love and ran away at the sight of real responsibility

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOU WANT TO BE BETTER!